Friday, July 27, 2012

Botswana Bulletin #42








Botswana Bulletin #42
"Quick Update”

August 23, 2010

Greetings everyone!  Just thought I’d send out a quick note informing you all that I now have an official date of departure.  I will be leaving Edmonton International Airport at 11:35am on August 30th.  This is a Monday morning so I’m not expecting many to be able to see me off.  However, if you wish to do so I should be arriving at the airport around 10:30am.  I will be flying with Air Canada on Flight #126. 

For those reading this letter from Botswana, I will be arriving at Sir Seretse Khama Airport at 9:20am on September 1st.  I’m looking forward to seeing what the airport looks like now after all the construction!  I’ll be arriving on South African Airways Flight #32.  I’ll just warn you ahead of time that I’m travelling straight from Canada with no stops along the way, which means I won’t have a chance to shower, which then means I’ll be a bit ripe upon arrival.  Just thought I’d warn you in case you were planning to hug me when I arrive.  :-)

For those wondering about prayer requests here are a few:

1)      The Journey – Pray for safety as I travel both for myself and my luggage.  Baggage has been known to disappear on route through Johannesburg so pray that all my bags make it to Botswana with me.
2)     Adapting – The last month or so has been a real roller coaster ride!  Pray that amongst the continuing uncertainty regarding a US Visa that I’d be able to settle into life in Botswana and be effective in helping Flying Mission with their IT needs whether it for 4 months or 8.
3)     Final Week – Pray that I would be able to have some great final moments with friends and family before I head out again.  Pray that I would be ready to leave when the time comes.

Thank you for your continued support during this time of transition.  I look forward to updating you once I’m settled in Botswana!

Peace and prayers,

Graham Crawford <><

For more info on SIM Canada visit:  www.sim.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment