Benin Bulletin #4.5
“We Missed Something!”
July 6, 2016
Greetings again from Sherbrooke,
Quebec! I know we just sent you all an
update but we’ve been told we missed a few things so I (Graham) am here to
right our wrongs.
First off, a few of you were wanting to see
wedding photos! We received them about 2
weeks ago so we are able to share them with you now. We were really happy to see how they turned
out!
![]() |
| The Happy Couple |
![]() |
| Bubble Time! |
![]() |
| Jazz Hands! |
![]() |
| Davidsons & Crawfords |
![]() |
| Our hilarious MC (also Graham's Dad) |
The other thing we forgot to mention is
that we finally received our bags! About
5 days after we arrived back from our honeymoon we were finally reunited with
our lost luggage. In total our bags were
lost for about 3 weeks. As you can see
in the picture, we were very happy to see them!
![]() |
| They're back! |
Lastly, I want to share a story with you
that happened just yesterday. This is
Graham speaking so you just knew I wouldn’t finish this letter without a story
right?
Kathleen and I have recently signed up at a
local gym here in Sherbrooke and our daily routine right now is to head there
in the morning to workout. So, as usual,
we got in the car and drove to the gym.
When we arrived there Kathleen realized that she forgot her gym pass and
her towel (both are normally required in order to be able to workout). I went inside the gym to see if they would let
her workout without these things.
Kathleen decided she would just drive back home and pick them up but
when she tried to leave the car wouldn’t start!
Every time she turned the key nothing would happen. Frustrated, Kathleen came back in the gym to
tell me the car wouldn’t start.
Thankfully, I was able to speak to the trainer at the gym and he agreed
to let Kathleen workout without a towel or gym pass this one time. With that sorted, I went out to see if I
could help get the car started. I ran into
the same frustration as Kathleen and couldn’t get it to start. We eventually just decided to go work out and
deal with the car afterward. So the two
of us headed into the gym and had a great workout...Cardio Latino! After the workout I was reminded of
something. Kathleen and I had recently
watched together the movie “God’s Not Dead” and in the movie there is a pastor
who struggles to start his car. A
missionary visiting the pastor on home assignment suggests that he prays for
the car to start. So the pastor goes to
do it but the missionary asks him to put his bags in the car as an act of
faith. After putting the bags in the car
they pray that it will start.
Miraculously, the car starts.
Since it worked in the movie I thought to myself, “Why don’t we give it
a try?” So we did exactly the same
thing. Kathleen and I walked out of the
gym, put our stuff in the trunk, got in the car and prayed that it would
start. Kathleen turned the key, and it
started. “God you are awesome!” was the
first thing out of my mouth. It felt a
little bit silly to be praying for a car to start but really, shouldn’t we be
trusting God first in all things? Luke
16:10 says “Whoever can be
trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is
dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” It was a
great reminder that we can never trust too much in God. He is able to do all things!
Well, hopefully that covers everything for now. However, if we did miss something feel free
to let us know. We love to hear from you
guys! Thanks again for your love and
support which enables us to travel the road we are on.
Blessings,
Graham & Kathleen <><
SIM Contact Info:
SIM Canada
10 Huntingdale Blvd.
Scarborough, Ontario
M1W 2S5
Canada
Tel: 1-800-294-6918
E-mail: info@sim.ca
(Our missionary number is 024460)
The opinions expressed in this letter are our
own opinions. They are not necessarily the opinions or views of Serving
In Mission (SIM).







No comments:
Post a Comment